Friday, July 25, 2008

My Self-Esteem Room

One day, I hope to have a self-esteem room.

Early each morning, I will rise and make a pot of coffee.

Walking slowly with my fresh cup of joe, I will pull that secret book in my bookcase. You know I can't tell you which one...

The bookcase will slowly slide open and I will step inside.

The walls of my Self-Esteem Room will be covered with photos.

Photos of people during that brief second, that important moment, right before they fall. Immediately following the trip.

You know that look.

People at their most vulnerable, the place we have all been.

I will stand in my robe.

I will sip my coffee.

I will smile.

And I will say,

"Everything is going to be alright today."

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

haha you're a dork! where in the world do you get this stuff from?!

Anonymous said...

I will gladly pose for one of those photos for you just so you can have the satisfaction of knowing you are going to have a good day.

~M~

Anonymous said...

This is a dangerous idea. What happens if the belt on your robe comes untied and manages to work its way under your foot just as you turn to walk out of the room causing you, yourself, to trip subsequently covering you in a mug full of hot java? Have you considered the ramifications of this possible paradox? We're talking "don't cross the streams" stuff here. Think it over.
-$

Anonymous said...

will there be any relaxing steam?
or is this just a witty play on words?

Unknown said...

there will be steam, just not REAL steam. It'll be made on teh internet, thats why they call it e-steem. Just be glad its not an apple product, then it would be iSteem. And overpriced.

Anonymous said...

9 days and no new post........Dont start slacking again.....

 
web usage statistics