Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ketchup

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Admittedly, I've still managed to stay way behind on this thing, so this is my attempt to make up for it. Let's try to boil down the past two weeks in a couple posts or so.

Back on the 6th, Chris and I rounded up a few folks to check out a Jonathan Richman show at the Great American Music Hall.



For those who don't recognize this name, think back to There's Something About Mary. Remember the guy who sings while walking around with the guitar throughout the movie? That's Johnny.

He's a Boston native and therefore a favorite of Chris. His songs are fantastic. Heartbreaking, moving, funny. And he puts on a pretty great show for someone who just stands up with a guitar and drum kit.

The man was intense. His stare burned into the crowd. It seemed pretty genuine, too. I imagine he would have the same look on his face if he were playing in a dark room by himself.



He even did some dancing, which everyone was into.



It was an interesting crowd. There were a lot of people who seemed to be there for the opening act, the Rubinoos. The average person in the crowd was quite a bit older than me and they seemed to have even more energy than I could muster up. It was a cool vibe, something I haven't seen in other cities.

That night seemed to be the beginning of the rainy season. My Chucks are perhaps reaching the end of their life. One whole toe has almost completely separated from the rest of the shoe. It probably wasn't the best night to decide to wear them out.



I hate to let them go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling. It still ains me to think back to the day that I had put my ADIDAS shell toes down. I'm not crying...

 
web usage statistics