Thursday, December 27, 2007

Slllloooooooowwwwwww........

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Apologies to Jeff if he actually reads this and feels offended.

Jeff is one of the housekeepers at the hostel.

And he is sllllooooooowwwwwww......

Jeff has made a habit of waking up closer to sunset each day than sunrise. And it gets later and later everyday.

I wasn't working yesterday and didn't realize how bad it was getting. Today he was up early and I thought he was finished with his duties by the afternoon like Lida.

Nope.

Jeff just took a personal day and did God knows what. Around 4pm, I realized he was just getting around to changing the dirty beds. So, Jeff and I had a little talk. I told him this wasn't going to happen anymore. He was getting up and 10:30 each morning and getting his work done before he does anything else. No more crap.

Then I asked him to pick up burritos for all of us with the daily food allowance. With only three of us here today, there was no way any cooking was getting done. I asked him to go take care of that around 6:45.

He left at 8:09pm.

After constant prodding.

I can't leave because I'm behind the desk today.

Turns out, that's a good thing. Because if I could leave, I would have already gone out to get a gun and shot one of us by now.

It's 8:39 and I'm hungry. Christ.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is why I dont have a gun. I work retail. it's christmas time. I work in the busiest store of the season.

Gun laws are there for a reason.

 
web usage statistics