Monday, December 17, 2007

Winter Hits

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - Alright Illinois. Buckle up. This is probably going to hurt.

But winter has finally hit San Francisco.

That means temperatures dropping into the low forties and a sun that sets before 5pm.

I know, I know. I'm a prick. Things suck in the Midwest. But it's actually less about the weather than the gloomy, gray conditions. I'm trying not to complain. It's just that each winter hits me pretty hard. I have a tough time with it.

Usually it results in a soul crushing depression that lasts for 4 or more months. It's better this time, though. I don't really feel down like what usually happens. Maybe it's because I can actually leave the building without having to deal with inches of snow (again... sorry). But there is definitely a serious dent in my motivation.

I've neglected to keep up on the blog for a variety of reasons (Christmas actually being one of them). But many times it's for much less valid reasons.

So, it's time to crack down and push through this. I need to catch up on the blog and get a damn job. Some real exercise would be nice too.

Or maybe I'll just leave it all for my New Year's resolution.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know that winter can suck. I know that winter drags the life out of people but, in the spirit of reliving childhood pleasures, how can you leave out sledding, snow ball fights, and other winter goodness? I'm rediscovering all of the joys of winter through the girls and, so far, I'm really getting into the whole winter thing again. Shake it off man. I know it's tough. Winter is really the only season in which Snow falls. Get back up mo fo.

 
web usage statistics