Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Father the Pirate

My Dad went in for surgery for cataracts yesterday. They made him sit back and let them get worse so they can operate later. That day finally came.

Everything went fine but he has been wearing a patch over his eye for the last 24 hours.

I could use this opportunity to behave as an adult and discuss the feelings that come along as you realize more and more that your parents are human and fallible and are not going to be there for you one day...

...or I could use that opportunity to draw a picture of my Dad as a pirate.



When life hands you lemons, you paint that shit gold.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now THAT is an awesome post.
On many levels.

"When life hands you lemons, you paint that shit gold."

brilliant!

Anonymous said...

GREAT!
now i have to kill your dad!
good job nick,...

Anonymous said...

That is a fantastic drawing. Almost as good as the "Jeff! Fix the mattress!!!" one. I still have that by the way.

jeff said...

Hey my mom had cataracts fixed about 9 months ago. i guess she was she-pirate then...too bad the eye-patch wasnt perment, well i at least i still have a one-legged ghetto pirate father...lol

 
web usage statistics