Saturday, October 20, 2007

Casa Bonita!

DENVER, CO - How could I leave Denver without seeing it?



You're absolutely right... I couldn't!

Cliff Divers!

Black Bart's Cave!

Bad Mexican Movie Posters!



Well, more the posters than the others. Black Bart's Cave was turned into a haunted house for the season. I didn't get to see any Cliff Divers, but I saw an awful performance by the restaurant characters that ended with two people being shoved off the cliff and into the waters below.



This place was unbelievable. So many rooms and caves and ridiculous crap.



Awesome. All I expected and more. And the food was terrible. Just ask Eric.



I thought about diving off the cliff myself. The door to the ledge was left open and I thought it would make for a great story. Or not.



I also found out where arcade games go to die.



Apparently the lower level of Casa Bonita. This was one of the of the many fine choices available.



Don't worry, I didn't neglect the mariachi band.



Or the sopapaillas.



Casa Bonita, you truly are a special place. Where else can I get sub-par Mexican food at above average prices? Okay, okay, plenty of places... very true. But don't be so hard on yourself, CB! I can't get those things at any other place claiming to be the "World's Largest Restaurant (Under One Roof)"! Name one other place where I have to raise a small flag to summon my server. Or any other establishment where a woman walks around selling light up bunny ears and there is a cotton candy stand on the way out the door. For that matter, name any other place where I will spend more time walking around taking in the scenery than I will spend actually dining! That's right, C. Bo! You! You've given me an experience I won't ever forget. Or at least won't forget for the next two days or so. You are to Mexican food what Chuck E. Cheese is to fine Italian dining. I think I'm gonna go throw up a little.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"so this is where old arcade games go to die... Casa Bonita" -Eric

Thanks for the credit! jerkface...

 
web usage statistics