Friday, October 12, 2007

My First Weekend

HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO - Turns out my brother isn't homeless after all. He got a job and is getting out of cleaning full-time, but the guy he is living with insists that he stay around for a few weeks. So, we both stayed here last night.

Lindsey invited me to a retreat for the weekend at Crooked Creek. Can't turn down any invitations, remember. I wasn't going to be able to afford it because it cost too much, but they worked it out so it only ends up costing me $25 for the whole weekend. It looks like a lot of fun... like a camping resort. There's even a 70 person hot tub.

Am I going to get myself in trouble though when I end up expressing my personal beliefs? Who knows. I met some of Lindsey's friends the other night and they seemed like really nice people. They have very strong beliefs. I just hope they don't see our differences of opinion as some kind of clash. I'm thinking they won't. Maybe it will lead to some interesting conversation. Maybe they'll decide I'm going to hell. I guess we'll find out.

In unfortunate news, my brother's girlfriend was in a car accident this morning. She just got a new Beetle and is learning to drive the stick. She just got the car three days ago. Apparently, she was pulling off an on-ramp and someone ran her into a guardrail. It sounds like she's going to be okay though but they're still running some tests at the hospital. I hope everything is okay.

I really this weekend goes well. I know I'll meet a lot of new people, which is always exciting and helps me keep fulfilling my personal goals for this trip. Even though I've been meeting a lot of new people already and doing fun things, I'm feeling a bit of loneliness today. It seems as though I'm somewhat prone to that, even when standing in a crowd of people.

No comments:

 
web usage statistics