Monday, October 22, 2007

If You Could...

HIGHLANDS RANCH, CO - Melissa and I had an interesting conversation this afternoon. I was talking about visiting her in New Mexico and mentioned that I really want to check out Roswell. We had a brief discussion about what I would do if she got abducted by aliens and I didn't (it mostly ended with me saying I wouldn't be able to go on because I missed the opportunity to do that but had to watch someone else get to experience it).

Anyway, it came out that being abducted by a UFO ranks pretty high up on the list of things I would absolutely do, just as long as I didn't die in the process. Soon, a discussion erupted out of this... just what is on your list of things you would definitely do if you wouldn't die in the process?

Here are some of mine:

1) Get struck by lightning. I have to admit, I have a slightly sick fascination with lightning and would love to be struck if I could manage to survive the blast. And maybe I'd get super powers as a result.

2) Go off Niagara Falls in a barrel. Or better yet, in a canoe while wearing a Viking helmet. Melissa suggested an inner tube while wearing floaters. Well, maybe
those options are pushing it.

3) Drive a car into a tornado. I was watching that Storm Chasers show (I think that's the title) and I love that armored car they have. Right now, if they gave me a chance to ride along for an episode, I would do it in a heartbeat.

4) Put my head in a lion's mouth. Why not?

5) Rush into a burning building. I guess I would probably be doing this to save someone. So, I would like to think I would do this even if I didn't know I would survive. I guess this only counts as half.

6) Jump across rooftops. Like in a movie. Or a comic book. And I'd need to be chased by a bad guy too. I was really tempted to do this one of the last times I hung out with Emily and we visited some people on the rooftop of her building. It would have been so easy. But then she told me about someone who did just that and got stuck. They needed to have someone come get him off the roof. So I decided I probably shouldn't do it and shouldn't say I was thinking about doing it right before she said that. Emily, if you're reading this right now, I hope you're not laughing at me too hard.

7) This isn't too dangerous (depending on the height) but cliff diving would be great. I really should have done it at Casa Bonita the other night. It would have been a nice experience to add to the collection.

I'm kind of out of suggestions right now. Anyone else have anything they would like to do? Leave comments about what you would do if you would survive. By the way, you can leave comments without having an account now. And comments would really help me feel like I'm not just talking to no one here... so feel to leave comments frequently.

Don't make me beg.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Fly a stunt kite in a hurricane.
2 Eat deadly blowfish....
Thats all i can think of right now.

Anonymous said...

1.Skydive. Actually, id do this anyway.
2.Swim with sharks
3.Fight in a war
4.Drive a car super super fast everywhere.Deadly speeds fast. Im talking triple digits here. Weeeeeee... Well, i suppose thats only if i knew i wouldnt hurt anyone else either.

Anonymous said...

1. Fight Mike Tyson, when he was really, really good.

2. Get hit by a bus, like in the movies, then get up and say something really witty and walk away, watching everyones mouth drop that was on the bus.

C. Pee on the electric fence.

4. Drive by shooting.

everybodygoesaww said...

You know, I've actually peed on an electric fence before. Accidentally. Not everything it's cracked up to be.

Anonymous said...

1. Drive a red corvette off a cliff (aka Thelma or Louise)
2. Fly through the air on a trapeze in a circus
3. Drive like a NASCAR driver on the x-pressways

Anonymous said...

i had to think about this for a while....i had absolutely no idea. chris and i were eating at fiesta last night, and that show deadliest catch came on, and it hit me i would be a deckhand if i knew i wouldn't die. they make tons of money...and only work for like 3 weeks, my kinda job.

 
web usage statistics