Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Route 1

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - I spent all day today driving down the California coast. All day.

It was a long trip but a lot of fun. Definitely not for the night time. There was no way I could take enough pictures or go into enough detail. It was amazing. I spent the first part driving exclusively through redwood forests. There isn't a way to describe how big these trees are. Pictures don't do them justice.





I even drove through one.



And if you have ever wanted anything - and I do mean anything - carved out of redwood, look no further than Route 1. Everybody there has carved everything out of that damn wood. Lots of gift shops up in them thar woods.

The fog was once again eating the forest and it was amazing to see.



I finally reached the point where the road and coast met (as I said, I'm not really counting yesterday).



I just spent a while sitting there, watching it. I have some video to share, but it would be too much trouble tonight. Tomorrow.

There were so many beautiful spots. I only took pictures at a couple. I wanted to make it to San Francisco by sunset. I'm not sleeping in this car another night in a row. I need a shower.



I stopped on a beach for a few minutes.



This jellyfish was washed up on shore.



Brakes don't fail me now.



And then I hustled the rest of the way. I saw San Francisco in the distance just as the sun was setting and made it into the city by nightfall.



More tomorrow, folks. I'm tired.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.

Damn you. Damn you and your awesome trip.


Curses.

 
web usage statistics