Thursday, October 11, 2007

Homelessness

DENVER, CO - Lots of happenings within the first 24 hours in Colorado.

I woke up at 4am my first day there to help my brother with two cleaning jobs. Good times. Shortly after finishing, my brother decided he was quitting his job and moving out of the house he was staying in (and I was crashing in). It is now the next day and we're both homeless, jobless, and broke. Life is funny.

He seems to feel pretty great about it although he is nervous to deal with his now ex-partner/boss/whatever. They're talking (arguing, maybe) right now, so I decided to take this opportunity to check out downtown Denver and abuse some free internet at a Burger King.

There are a lot of homeless people hanging out in Denver. I saw a pretty good sign today: "Adopt a Homeless Guy." And on the flipside: "Don't Worry, I'm Housebroken." I'll need to think of some more signs for when I'm broke on the West Coast. I'm open to suggestions, folks.

I hung out with Lindsey last night and met some of her friends. Nice people. They were all really talkative and had questions about my trip. It seems like Lindsey's really been enjoying Colorado since she got here not so long ago. She definitely seems to have found her home. Good for her.

It looks like I won't be spending as much time in Colorado as previously planned. My brother is looking to get a job at Best Buy again and start working small jobs on the side... this way he won't be losing the money he is right now. Sounds like a good plan. But not much work for me. Plus, he's going to be crashing at his girlfriend's parents' place (probably) and they don't need a second mooch hanging out. I'll probably stop by the see my uncle in Ft. Collins sometime soon and then venture up to Seattle. Maybe I'll just see the whole coast now, hit New Mexico by November 14, and then go check out Austin in more detail. I'll see where things take me.

No comments:

 
web usage statistics