Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Who Farted?

CODY, WY - I'm sitting in a Days Inn parking lot scamming free internet. God bless WiFi. Reminds me of the ghetto days at my dad's... not that I'm very far removed from that...

I'm not far outside Yellowstone but I have decided to camp out for the night. There's no point in going to the park now... I'll just head there first thing in the morning. I should make it to Seattle by Wednesday.

Goddamn WalMart. They're everywhere. Even out here. I drove more than an hour today without seeing any houses. That's what it's like out here. I thought Nebraska was barren. Wyoming is nothing but open space. But Wyoming is different. The whole place is beautiful. Nebraska sucked. Anyway, I got off track, I was complaining about WalMart. In the middle of this quiet town/quiet state, where semis aren't even allowed to pass through all the way because they can't head towards the park, there's still a WalMart to pollute the goodness. Dammit. Even worse, I went inside tonight to buy something (a DC to AC converter). I hate myself a little right now. Oh well, at least I'll be abusing their parking lot tonight... I'll be sleeping there. If only I could figure out a way to get a free shower from them. That would be great.

I took quite a few pictures today, despite my digital camera not wanting to cooperate. I spent the most time in Thermopolis (yes... that's right... Thermopolis), home of the world's largest hot water spring. The whole town smells like a fart. When I first got to town, it kind of slipped my mind that hot springs are sulfur springs. I thought I was the one that smelled (I've spent a lot of time in this car) and I rolled the window down to air myself out. Then it dawned on me, "Oh yeah..."

I didn't actually get into the springs because it cost $10 just to have the privilege of smelling like ass for the rest of the night. Pass. But I drove around the park for a little bit and wandered into a bison pasture. I could have reached out and touched one of these guys, although I decided it would be best not to chance it.



I promised my mom I wouldn't get eaten by a bear on this trip and, while she didn't explicitly express so, I'm guessing she meant all wildlife in general.

Chicago might have to give up the title of "Windy City" because I'm pretty sure any town here in Wyoming could win it. I'm almost a little afraid my car is going to blow over tonight while I'm in it. Probably not though, eh?

I had the opportunity to enjoy a sunset in the mountains. I haven't really had that yet. I hope I take the chance to sit down and enjoy it a little more next time.



Well, it's time for me to find my perfect parking space for the night. Thanks everyone who commented on the last blog. I'm going to repost it on MySpace for others.

Good night.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow already heading to seattle huh?
Well im glad to see your living it up...soo to speak....i think id like a town that smells like farts... that way noone would suspect me..lol BTW click on my name im starting a website for all embp family to talk.. It has a forum, shoutbox and soon ill have a sorta picture depot to share pictures...check it out., Be safe, hope to hear from u soon

Anonymous said...

well the link in my name isnt working soo goto www.embp.bravehost.com...Its not much yet but it will grow....MEOWOWOWOW (evil laugh)!!!

Anonymous said...

I really never thought that Wyoming looked that cool. It seems like such a boring state, but from the pictures it really does seem like a place I might go. Plus, I could throw a bison off the Days Inn balcony, (scratch the zebra).

I hope your having fun, check your tire pressure too, because your elevation has changed alot!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and what are your plans now that California is on fire? I was watching the news and it looks freaking crazy, there was a reporter on CNN, covering a story about a house that was burning down, and it was his own house. If you get a chance, look at the satellite maps on yahoo, it shows all the smoke going out to the ocean, its pretty crazy.

Anonymous said...

Better hustle to CA man. Before its all gone.

Is Chris gonna throw a Bison off a balcony? Shit man i miss ALL the good stuff.

Anyway, miss you buddy. Your last picture reminds me of Joe Strummer. Not sure why.

Bryn said...

The picture of night with the moon in the sky is so pretty. I want to see it in person. You've taken some good scenery pictures. Enjoy yourself. I want to take a drive that way now.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are awesome! and that is so good that you are sleeping in your car..i've always wanted to do that. like, when i plan to drive up to New York City for new years eve...yeah i'll be sleeping in my car. it just seems like a fun thing to do everyonce in a while. does that make me weird? haha.

 
web usage statistics