Sunday, November 25, 2007

SF Muni

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - I love the San Francisco bus system, the Muni. It's so easy to use and I've learned it well.

They have a couple of different ads for the Muni that sit above the seats. So far I've only seen two.

The first is about a passenger that started having a seizure on the bus and a fellow passenger, a young man, went running off the bus to the nearest hospital and brought an ambulance back for the seizure victim. The bus driver said she still stays in touch with that young man and he has now graduated college.

Heartwarming.

Here's the only other ad I've seen.



In case you can't read it clearly, here's a transcript:

One time I picked up a man who seemed kind of strange. This was early, like 4am. He rang the bell like he wanted to get off, but he wouldn't get off. So we go to the next stop and he does it again. Then he says, "Close the door!" I said, "I have to let the people get on." Then he starts shouting, "Go! Go!" I said, "No! It's a red light." The he puts his foot on the gas pedal! And I'm like - Oh My God! I'm fighting with him trying to kick his foot off. Another passenger comes running to the front and he was able to put him off the bus. It was something - going through red lights - we were lucky it was early in the morning.

There are two ads on the entire bus system advertising the Muni, and this is one of the stories they decide to share to generate business.

I love this goddamn crazy city.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well nick i hope your thanksgiving went well.....thats all i got tonight...lol

Anonymous said...

ha! thats crazy. I kept waiting for the "heartwarming" part of the ad...but alas, it never came.

Brilliant!

 
web usage statistics