Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Viva Las Vegas

LAS VEGAS, NV - Vegas is a blur. No, not because my time there was too wild and crazy. It just went by in a blur.



I was on the phone with Eric when the ocean of lights came into view. I quickly realized just why I could see the damn city over 100 miles away. Madness.



I never really did get my bearings straight while there. It was just a bit too much for sleep deprived me.



The strip is just insanity. If you haven't been, picture the most touristy spot you've ever been to. Now multiply that by 1000. Now put neon everywhere. And showgirls. And then throw a cherry on top. After it's been soaking in mescaline.



That's about right.



Oh yeah. And Wayne Newton.



The strip is exciting and there's people everywhere.



Don't bother going beyond that. What a hellhole.

I wanted a place to sleep for the night, but the Sin City Hostel had already shut down the front desk. I really didn't like any of the parking lots I drove past (that sentence is funny - kind of sounds like I'm a connoisseur of parking lots now).

And I wanted an In 'N' Out Burger.

But no. None of the above. All I managed to do was get all twisted around and lost in Vegas. So, a couple hours after driving in, I pulled out and moved on down the road.

It's probably for the best. I'm sure it could have ended up bad news for me.

Christyle, this is for you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy,thanks for the NASCAR picture. It seems i cant ever get away from it. Its every where, thanks to you and Tom!

Anonymous said...

So I just figured out that the picture is of a NASCAR cafe. Why the hell do racist red necks need a cafe? Any ways, stay as far away from there as you can.

Anonymous said...

did you find the American Dream there?

 
web usage statistics